Thursday, May 19, 2011

Side Control Escape + Half Guard Attack -> Sweep

Side Control Escape:
T has side mount position on my right side. I place my arms in a prayer position to block the cross face. I keep my right arm up to block the crossface and use my left arm to get an underhook on the far arm. I also bring my leg up to block the mount. In one motion I use my arm that is blocking the cross face to create space by pushing against T's knee. I use my underhook to hip escape and turn onto my stomach. From that position I come onto my knees and either single or double leg T to sweep.

Half Guard Attack -> Sweep:
This attack is a counter to the side control escape above. Once B has escaped and has a single leg locked up I use my left arm to come across the head and the other arm underneath in an over under position with a gable grip. *whichever side the head is on, I put my arm over the shoulder*. Once I have my grips I sprawl out to defend the takedown. From here My over the shoulder arm feeds the lapel to my overhooking arm. Once I have fed the lapel I use my free hand to grab the back of the lapel at the neck. From here I use the same side leg with the overhook lapel grip and step up clearing B's arm. From here I pull half guard and end with a modified cross choke with the arm trapped. To finish the choke I use my collar grip and bring my elbow to B's chest and then bring it across the throat to finish. If B defends the choke, I hip escape and use a butterfly hook to sweep to the side of the defending arm. I can follow the sweep into mount and finish the choke from mount. If B decides to post his arm out to defend the sweep I just finish the choke instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment