Sunday, September 18, 2011

Loop Choke/Sweep off half guard pass + Loop choke from sprawl

I start with a knee shield half guard. I use my left hand to get a cross collar grip on B. My right hand blocks B's crossfacing arm with a sleeve grip. While B passes my guard, I use the collar grip to come around the head as if going for a guillotine. Keeping the sleeve grip, I hip escape once and then roll underneath B, pushing the sleeve across their body. Once I roll B onto their back, I let go of the sleeve and grab the pants. I then bridge back onto B to finish the choke. If I can't finish the choke I come up while maintaining the collar grip.



After the initial guard pass, I can come up onto my knees instead. With my left hand with the cross collar, I put all my pressure on the back of B's head with my chest. I then circle around to the right putting my right hand behind B's thigh and my head underneath their stomach, in front of their thigh. From there I keep circling to try and finish the choke. If they don't tap I keep circling until they are off balance. From there I switch my hips so that my belly is up and then spin bringing my free hand around their arm to the back of their head. My belly should be beneath B's head with one hand in the collar and the other behind their head.

Instead of circling and switching my hips in the last move, I can use the leg grip and the collar grip and bulldoze into the side of B. Once they start to crumble I flip over their body and spin into the choke.

No comments:

Post a Comment