Saturday, December 17, 2011

Half Guard -> Butterfly Guard Sweep

I have B in lockdown from half guard. To create space I use the lockdown to bring B up towards my head and then use the lockdown to bring B down again. I underhook and grab the lapel around the back. My free hand goes to B's knee and pushes it away to create space. My inside leg then comes and creates a butterfly hook. From here my outside leg comes in and I make a butterfly hook on the other leg. Using the butterfly hooks, I kick out and sit up with my butt angled back so I don't get pushed backwards. While still maintaining the lapel grip, my free arm traps B's same side arm underneath my armpit, securing it with a grip over their elbow. I then take the same side leg as my overhook and bring it out underneath my other butterfly hook. (One hook in while the other leg is outside) I bring my head over to the same side as my overhook and sit towards my overhook while elevating with my butterfly hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment